Filipino Cuisine: Kare-Kare
All Filipinos out there, Tell me you don't like this dish. Nobody would say NO for this very delicious Filipino food.
This food may not be that good for health due to it ingredients and surely, its good enough to satisfy someone's hunger. There was a time when I come to visit a carenderia (its a common food place in the country), I always look for Kare-kare. I don't know but I get tempted to its looks and smell, especially when I'm so hungry.
I would not recommend this food to people with high blood pressure because it might cause negative effect in your health. I would not say don't eat, but just be cautious. One bite or two is enough just to satisfy your curiosity.
- 3 lbs oxtail cut in 2 inch slices you an also use tripe or beef slices.
- 1 piece small banana flower bud sliced.
- 1 bundle pechay or bok choy.
- 1 bundle string beans cut into 2 inch slices.
- 4 pieces eggplants sliced.
- 1 cup ground peanuts.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup shrimp paste.
Image Source: Yummy.ph