COIN REVEAL: 2013 1oz Silver Kangaroo Road Sign Coin
Today's featured coin is the 2013 1oz Silver Kangaroo Road Sign Coin.
- 2013 was the first year release of the Road Sign series. The Kangaroo design was followed by the Koala design released in 2014.
- Each coin weighs 1 Troy Ounce or 31.1 grams.
- The coin is pure silver with a 99.9% fineness.
- The black clam shell case is housed in a yellow and black outer box.
- The coin set is accompanied by a Numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- The obverse design is an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley.
- The reverse design showcases an adult kangaroo leaping.
- The diamond-shaped road side is accentuated by its frosted finish against the mirror background.
- In souvenir shops the yellow and black 'Koala Crossing' signs are definitely more popular with tourists visiting Australia, than the 'Kangaroo Crossing' signs.
- That being said, anyone who has done a roadtrip through Australia understand the importance of the 'Kangaroo Crossing' signs.
- Unfortunately the sight of dead kangaroos on the side of the road is far too common especially in more wilderness areas where kangaroo population number are very high.
- It is very difficult for a fast moving vehicle to avoid a adult Kangaroo leaping across the road.
- The maximum mintage of these coin sets is 40,000.
Post authored by @strenue
leofinance proofofbrain silvergoldstackers teamaustralia neoxian ctp archon creativecoin lassecash cc