COIN REVEAL: 1992 Olympic Silver Dollar Coin
Today's featured coin is the $1 Sterling Silver coin struck by the Royal Australian Mint. This coin commemorates the XXV Olympiad.
- The maximum mintage of this coin set was 12,500 coins.
- The reverse of the Coin features a female Javelin thrower designed by Margaret Priest.
- The obverse of the Coin features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- An interesting note about design of this coin is that it is only the second female to appear on the reverse of an Australian decimal coin.
- The first female was the Princess of Wales.
- The coin has a weight of 11.49 grams.
- The diameter is 25.12mm with a thickness of 2.80mm
Post authored by @strenue
leofinance proofofbrain silvergoldstackers teamaustralia neoxian ctp archon creativecoin lassecash cc